The rumours are true. Yesterday, Xiaomi launched a GoPro style action camera in China, with an unimaginable price tag, $64 which is approximately Rs. 4,000.
There is no knowledge about the India launch of the Yi Action Camera. But at Rs 4,000, the Yi Action Camera may find a lot of buyers as most action cameras cost upwards of Rs 10,000 here.
- The Yi Action Camera sports a 16MP Sony Exmor R BSI CMOS sensor.
- Capable of shooting at 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second, which is higher than the GoPro Hero which can shoot at 1080p30 and 720p60 and comes with a 5MP sensor.
- It weighs a mere 72 grams and comes with 64GB of on board storage space.
- Includes a built-in Wi-fi remote smartphone triggering, 16MP still image capture.
- A 155-degree wide angle lens, 3D noise-reduction and digital image stabilisation.
- Capable of shooting as deep as 40 meters under water. But you will have to buy a third-party water-proof casing since the Yi Action camera does not come bundled with one.
For $80, you will get the ‘Travel Edition’ of the Yi Action Camera which comes with a selfie stick for selfie enthusiasts as well as for shooting from a unique perspective. It can also be strapped to things, the promotional image shows it being strapped to a cat.